Begin main content
- Workplace Preparedness
- Emergency Action Plan
- Suspicious Package/Mail/Device
- Do not touch, move or cover the object.
- Alert others in the area and evacuate the immediate area.
- Report the incident to 9-1-1.
- Get a good description (i.e., size, color, markings, noises made, e.g., ticking); provide exact location (i.e., floor, room number, location in room).
- Do not use a radio, cell phone or battery operated bullhorn in the area (this may detonate the device).
- Evacuate the floor or entire building only if instructed to do so by emergency response personnel and follow EMERGENCY EVACUATION procedures.
- If directions are not given to evacuate the building, control entry to the area until relieved of responsibility or given further instructions from emergency response personnel.